Saturday, 16 November 2013

Tonnes of Taiwanese Tea!


Sorry that my posting has been lackluster, I was off last week trying not to fall off a volcano in Iceland. I've brought back some Icelandic tisanes to review later, but first, I've received a delightful package of teas from Eco-Cha in Taiwan! They have the best translation pun(?) for the Chinese name of their company - 一口茶 (yī kǒu chá) - one mouth tea! Here's what I'll be reviewing.
  • Shan Lin Xi High Mountain Black
  • Jin Xuan Oolong
  • Shan Lin Xi High Mountain Oolong 
  • Dong Ding Oolong

3 comments:

  1. I've tried a few teas from them and have been very impressed so far. Nothing quite beats a high mountain Taiwanese oolong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to them! I'm writing the review for the Dong Ding right now, it's really good - darker than other Dong Dings.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate and Nicole,

    Thanks to both of you for tasting and writing about our teas! We really appreciate the time you take and it's a pleasure for us to read your thoughts.

    And thanks Kate for noticing our name! You're right that yi (一) and kou (口) mean 'one' and 'mouth'. In Chinese when those two words are put together, the meaning changes to 'one sip'. So 一口茶 means 'A Sip of Tea'.

    We just put up a blog post on the origins and meaning of the name here: http://eco-cha.com/blogs/tea-culture/10226181-the-origins-and-meaning-of-our-name-eco-cha

    Thanks again and looking forward to reading your review!

    Nick & Andy
    Eco-Cha

    ReplyDelete